Deploy to Kubernetes in Google Cloud: Challenge Lab
You must complete a series of tasks within the allocated time period. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you'll be given a scenario and a set of tasks - you figure out how to complete it on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
To score 100% you must complete all tasks within the time period!
When you take a Challenge Lab, you will not be taught GCP concepts. To build the solution to the challenge presented, use skills learned from the labs in the quest this challenge lab is part of. You will be expected to extend your learned skills; you will be expected to change default values, but new concepts will not be introduced.
This lab is only recommended for students who have completed the labs in the Kubernetes in Google Cloud Quest.
- Creating Docker images on a host.
- Running Docker containers on a host.
- Storing Docker images in the Google Container Repository (GCR).
- Deploying GCR images on Kubernetes.
- Pushing updates onto Kubernetes.
- Automating deployments to Kubernetes using Jenkins.
Are you up for the challenge?
Before you click the Start Lab button
Read these instructions. Labs are timed and you cannot pause them. The timer, which starts when you click Start Lab, shows how long Google Cloud resources will be made available to you.
This Qwiklabs hands-on lab lets you do the lab activities yourself in a real cloud environment, not in a simulation or demo environment. It does so by giving you new, temporary credentials that you use to sign in and access Google Cloud for the duration of the lab.
What you need
To complete this lab, you need:
- Access to a standard internet browser (Chrome browser recommended).
- Time to complete the lab.
Note: If you already have your own personal Google Cloud account or project, do not use it for this lab.
Note: If you are using a Pixelbook please open an Incognito window to run this lab.
Participe do Qwiklabs para ler o restante deste laboratório e muito mais!
- Receber acesso temporário a Console do Google Cloud.
- Mais de 200 laboratórios, do nível iniciante ao avançado.
- Tamanho compacto para que você possa aprender no seu próprio ritmo.
Create a Docker image and store the Dockerfile
Test the created Docker image
Push the Docker image in the Google Container Repository
Create and expose a deployment in Kubernetes
Increase the replicas from 1 to 3
Update the deployment with a new version of valkyrie-app
Create a pipeline in Jenkins to deploy your app