Running WordPress on App Engine Flexible Environment
In this lab you'll learn how to run WordPress on App Engine Flexible Environment. WordPress is the go-to blogging and website hosting platform—its popularity is owed in large part to it's quick setup and many customization options. Coupling this platform with App Engine's scalability and robustness will give you an easy to deploy solution for any of your web-based needs.
What you'll do
In this lab, you'll do the following:
- Create a Cloud SQL instance and configure it
- Create a Cloud Storage bucket and configure it
- Create a WordPress project for App Engine Flexible Environment
- Deploy your WordPress project to App Engine Flexible Environment
This is a fundamental level lab. Familiarity with App Engine and PHP will be useful, but it's not required. If you want to get some practice with these services, check out the following labs:
Once you're ready, scroll down to get your lab environment set up.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a Cloud SQL instance
Create a Cloud Storage Bucket and set the default permission
Deploy your WordPress blog