Custom Providers with Terraform
In Terraform, a Provider is the logical abstraction of an upstream API. In this lab, you will learn how to build a custom provider for Terraform. Terraform supports a plugin model, and all providers are actually plugins. Plugins are distributed as Go binaries. Although technically possible to write a plugin in another language, almost all Terraform plugins are written in Go.
In this lab, you will build a custom provider for Terraform by:
- Building the plugin
- Defining resources
- Invoking the provider
- Learning about error handling and partial state
- Implementing the destroy and read functions
For this lab, you should have experience with the following:
Familarity with Linux editor like
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.