Check that Cloud Monitoring has been enabled
Check that the video queue length custom metric has been created
Check that a custom log based metric for large video upload rate has been created
Check that custom metrics for the video service have been added to the media dashboard
Check that an alert has been created for large video uploads
Monitor and Log with Google Cloud Operations Suite: Challenge Lab
In a challenge lab you’re given a scenario and a set of tasks. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you will use the skills learned from the labs in the quest to figure out how to complete the tasks on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
When you take a challenge lab, you will not be taught new Google Cloud concepts. You are expected to extend your learned skills, like changing default values and reading and researching error messages to fix your own mistakes.
To score 100% you must successfully complete all tasks within the time period!
This lab is recommended for students enrolled in the Monitor and Log with Google Cloud Operations Suite Quest. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Initialize Cloud Monitoring.
- Configure a Compute Engine application for Cloud Operations Monitoring custom metrics.
- Create a custom metric using Cloud Operations logging events.
- Add custom metrics to a Cloud Monitoring Dashboard.
- Create a Cloud Operations alert.
Before you click the Start Lab button
Read these instructions. Labs are timed and you cannot pause them. The timer, which starts when you click Start Lab, shows how long Google Cloud resources will be made available to you.
This Qwiklabs hands-on lab lets you do the lab activities yourself in a real cloud environment, not in a simulation or demo environment. It does so by giving you new, temporary credentials that you use to sign in and access Google Cloud for the duration of the lab.
What you need
To complete this lab, you need:
- Access to a standard internet browser (Chrome browser recommended).
- Time to complete the lab.
Note: If you already have your own personal Google Cloud account or project, do not use it for this lab.
Note: If you are using a Chrome OS device, open an Incognito window to run this lab.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.