Programming AWS Lambda for Windows
SPL-108 - Version 2.3.0
© 2020 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited. All trademarks are the property of their owners.
Corrections, feedback, or other questions? Contact us at AWS Training and Certification.
This lab provides you with a basic understanding of using the AWS Toolkit for .NET and the Node.js tools for Visual Studio to work with AWS Lambda. You will build a sample application that uses AWS Lambda, Node.js, Amazon S3, and Amazon SNS.
By the end of this lab you will be able to:
- Connect to an Amazon EC2 instance running Windows Server
- Install AWS Toolkit for .NET
- Install Node.js tools for Visual Studio
- Configure Visual Studio for AWS
- Create an AWS project in Visual Studio
- Build a Node.js Lambda function that notifies a user when a file has been uploaded to an S3 bucket using Amazon SNS
To successfully complete this lab, you should be familiar with Visual Studio for C# and have a basic knowledge of AWS.
Mac Users: Download Remote Desktop client software
If you are running Windows on your local machine, you can use Remote Desktop Connection to access your Amazon EC2 instance.
If you are on a Mac, you will require Microsoft Remote Desktop (with the red icon):
Mac users can download Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store.
If you do not have access to the Mac App Store, you can use CoRD for Mac, but please note that the instructions for this lab assume you are using Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.