Scale Up Hello App
Create node pool
Managing a Regional Cluster
Exploring Cost-optimization for GKE Virtual Machines
The underlying infrastructure of a Google Kubernetes Engine cluster is made up of nodes which are individual Compute VM instances. This lab shows how optimization of your cluster's infrastructure can help save costs and lead to a more efficient architecture for your applications.
You will learn strategy to help maximize utilization (and avoid underutilization) of your valuable infrastructure resources through selecting properly shaped machine types for an example workload. In addition to the type of infrastructure you’re using, the physical geographical location of that infrastructure also impacts cost. Through this exercise, you will explore how to create a cost effective strategy for managing higher availability regional clusters.
What you'll do
- Examine Resource Usage of a Deployment
- Scale Up a Deployment
- Migrate Your Workload to a Node Pool with an Optimized Machine Type
- Explore Location Options for your Cluster
- Monitor Flow Logs between Pods in Different Zones
- Move a Chatty Pod to Minimize Cross-Zonal Traffic Costs
Familiarity with Virtual Machines be helpful
Participe do Qwiklabs para ler o restante deste laboratório e muito mais!
- Receber acesso temporário a Console do Google Cloud.
- Mais de 200 laboratórios, do nível iniciante ao avançado.
- Tamanho compacto para que você possa aprender no seu próprio ritmo.