Confirm that a Google Cloud Storage bucket exists that contains a file
Confirm that a compute instance has been created that has a remote startup script called install-web.sh configured
Confirm that a HTTP access firewall rule exists with tag that applies to that virtual machine
Connect to the server ip-address using HTTP and get a non-error response
Deploy a Compute Instance with a Remote Startup Script
In a challenge lab you’re given a scenario and a set of tasks. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you will use the skills learned from the labs in the quest to figure out how to complete the tasks on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
When you take a challenge lab, you will not be taught new Google Cloud concepts. You are expected to extend your learned skills, like changing default values and reading and researching error messages to fix your own mistakes.
To score 100% you must successfully complete all tasks within the time period!
This lab is only recommended for students who have Compute Engine skills. Are you up for the challenge?
- Create a storage bucket for startup scripts.
- Create a virtual machine that runs a startup script from Cloud Storage.
- Configure HTTP access for the virtual machine.
- Deploy an application on an instance.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.