Deploy a Compute Instance with a Remote Startup Script
For this Challenge Lab you must complete a series of tasks within a limited time period. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you'll be given a scenario and task - you figure out how to to complete it on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
To score 100% you must complete all tasks within the time period!
When you take a Challenge Lab, you will not be taught GCP concepts. You'll need to use your advanced Google Compute Engine (GCE) skills to assess how to build the solution to the challenge presented. This lab is only recommended for students who have GCE skills. Are you up for the challenge?
- Create a storage bucket for startup scripts.
- Create a virtual machine that runs a startup script from cloud storage.
- Configure HTTP access for the virtual machine.
- Deploy an application on an instance.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Confirm that a Google Cloud Storage bucket exists that contains a file
Confirm that a compute instance has been created that has a remote startup script called install-web.sh configured
Confirm that a HTTP access firewall rule exists with tag that applies to that virtual machine
Connect to the server ip-address using HTTP and get a non-error response