Migrate a MySQL Database to Google Cloud SQL
For this Challenge Lab you must complete a series of tasks within a limited time period. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you'll be given a scenario and task - you figure out how to to complete it on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
To score 100% you must complete all tasks within the time period!
When you take a Challenge Lab, you will not be taught GCP concepts. You'll need to use your advanced Google Compute Engine (GCE) skills to assess how to build the solution to the challenge presented. This lab is only recommended for students who have GCE skills. Are you up for the challenge?
- Create a Google Cloud SQL Instance and create a Database
- Import a MySQL database into Google Cloud SQL
- Reconfigure an application to use Google Cloud SQL instead of a local MySQL database
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Check that there is a Cloud SQL instance
Check that there is a user database on the Cloud SQL instance
Check that the blog instance is authorized to access Cloud SQL
Check that wp-config.php points to the Cloud SQL instance
Check that the blog still responds to requests