Build a Dynamic Conversational Bot - Part 2
SPL-210 - Version 1.0.7
© 2021 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited. All trademarks are the property of their owners.
Corrections, feedback, or other questions? Contact us at AWS Training and Certification.
In this lab, you will create a product catalog with Amazon DynamoDB and an AWS Lambda function, which will be used as a code hook for your bot. This provides your chatbot with the ability to not only understand user requests but also allow him to trigger actions to fulfill a user request, such as querying a database for product flavors.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Amazon DynamoDB table with proper indexes
- Create an AWS Lambda function with Python according to the appropriate structure for Amazon Lex
- Understand how a Lambda function can be used to validate Slots and to fulfill an Intent
- Understand how a Lambda function queries your Amazon DynamoDB table on an action triggered from your bot
- Know how to version individual objects as well as the entire bot
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by choosing
This starts the process of provisioning your lab resources. An estimated amount of time to provision your lab resources is displayed. You must wait for your resources to be provisioned before continuing.
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
- Open your lab by choosing
This automatically logs you in to the AWS Management Console.
Do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common Login Errors
Error: Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Choose click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Choose again
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.