Introduction to Amazon EC2
SPL-200 - Version 1.3.3
© 2021 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited. All trademarks are the property of their owners.
Corrections, feedback, or other questions? Contact us at AWS Training and Certification.
This lab provides you with a basic overview of launching, resizing, managing, and monitoring an Amazon EC2 instance.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers.
Amazon EC2's simple web service interface allows you to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with complete control of your computing resources and lets you run on Amazon's proven computing environment. Amazon EC2 reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowing you to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change.
Amazon EC2 changes the economics of computing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actually use. Amazon EC2 provides developers the tools to build failure resilient applications and isolate themselves from common failure scenarios.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Launch a web server with termination protection enabled
- Monitor Your EC2 instance
- Modify the security group that your web server is using to allow HTTP access
- Resize your Amazon EC2 instance to scale
- Explore EC2 limits
- Test termination protection
- Terminate your EC2 instance
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by choosing
This starts the process of provisioning your lab resources. An estimated amount of time to provision your lab resources is displayed. You must wait for your resources to be provisioned before continuing.
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
- Open your lab by choosing
This automatically logs you in to the AWS Management Console.
Do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common Login Errors
Error: Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Choose click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Choose again
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.