Using Ruby on Rails with Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL
In this Qwiklab, you will learn how to deploy a new Ruby on Rails application using Google Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL to Google App Engine Flexible environment.
Google Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL is a fully-managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer your PostgreSQL relational databases on Google Cloud Platform.
Google App Engine Flexible environment applications are easy to create, maintain, and scale as your traffic and data storage changes. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain. You simply upload your application and it's ready to go.
App Engine applications automatically scale based on incoming traffic. Load balancing, microservices, authorization, SQL and NoSQL databases, traffic splitting, logging, search, versioning, roll out and roll backs, and security scanning are all supported natively and are highly customizable.
What you'll learn
- How to enable the Cloud SQL Admin API
- How to create a PostgreSQL Cloud SQL instance
- How to set up the Cloud SQL Proxy
- How to set up a Rails app with PostgreSQL
- How to enable the App Engine Admin API
- How to deploy a Rails app to App Engine flexible environment
What you'll need
- A Browser, such Chrome or Firefox
- Familiarity with standard Linux text editors such as Vim, Emacs or Nano
- Familiarity using Ruby
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a PostgreSQL Cloud SQL instance
Deploying the Application on App Engine