Hangouts Chat bot - Apps Script
Hangouts Chat bots provide easy-to-use access points to your organization's data and services. Users can interact with bots conversationally within a chat experience.
Among other implementation options, you can create a Hangouts Chat bot using Google Apps Script. By building your bot in Apps Script, you can easily access other Google services like Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and much more.
In this lab, you learn how to create a simple Hangouts Chat bot—"Attendance Bot"—using Google Apps Script. The bot integrates with Gmail to set a user's vacation responder and integrates with Calendar to put a meeting on the user's calendar.
What you'll learn
- How to add handlers in events raised in Hangouts Chat
- How to parse event objects sent from Hangouts Chat
- How to respond back to Hangouts Chat with card-formatted responses
- How to define and react to custom actions for button clicks in cards
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.