Write Apps That Access G Suite APIs
In this lab, you will receive hands-on practice with one of G Suite's (REST/HTTP) APIs. More specifically, you will enable the Google Drive API and obtain the necessary credentials to make a request that displays the first 100 files and folders in your Drive.
In this lab, you will learn how to:
- Use the API library to find and enable the Google Drive API.
- Obtain the necessary credentials for your app to access the Google Drive API.
- Run your app to retrieve data from your Google Drive.
This is a fundamental level lab. You should be familiar with the basic functioning and architecture of APIs. Experience with Cloud Shell and command line interface tools is recommended.
This lab requires knowledge of APIs in Google, so please at a minimum take the following lab before attempting this one:
Once you're ready, scroll down and follow the steps below to get your lab environment set up.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create the credentials
Create a cloud storage bucket
Upload credential file in storage bucket
Add Files to your Google Drive and run the application