Introduction to Amazon Elasticsearch Service
SPL-89 Version 1.4.6
© 2019 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
The lab will give you a basic understanding of Amazon Elasticsearch Service, including: creating clusters, cluster node configurations, storage configurations and Identity & Access Management Policies (IAM).
By the end of this lab you will be able to:
- Deploy an Amazon Elasticsearch Service domain
- Create an AWS CloudWatch Log Group
- Subscribe an Amazon CloudWatch Log Group to Amazon Elasticsearch Service
- Monitor Amazon Elasticsearch Service cluster metrics
You should have completed the Introduction to Amazon EC2 and Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) labs. Previous knowledge of Kibana and Elasticsearch is desirable.
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by clicking
This will start the process of provisioning your lab resources. An estimated amount of time to provision your lab resources will be displayed. You must wait for your resources to be provisioned before continuing.
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
- Open your lab by clicking
This will automatically log you into the AWS Management Console.
Please do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common login errors
Error : Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Click again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Click click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial Qwiklabs window
- Click again
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.