Google Cloud Pub/Sub: Qwik Start - Python
The Google Cloud Pub/Sub service allows applications to exchange messages reliably, quickly, and asynchronously. To accomplish this, a data producer publishes messages to a Cloud Pub/Sub topic. A subscriber client then creates a subscription to that topic and consumes messages from the subscription. Cloud Pub/Sub persists messages that could not be delivered reliably for up to seven days.
In this lab you will learn how to get started publishing messages with Cloud Pub/Sub using the Python client library.
What you'll do
In this lab, you'll do the following:
- Learn the basics of Pub/Sub.
- Create and list a Pub/Sub topic.
- Create and list a Pub/Sub subscription.
- Publish messages to a topic.
- Use a pull subscriber to output individual topic messages.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a topic
Create a subscription