Deploy a Ruby on Rails App to App Engine Flexible Environment
In this lab, you will learn how to deploy a new Ruby on Rails application, or Rails app for short, to Google App Engine Flexible environment. You will learn how to use Cloud Shell and the Cloud SDK to get started without downloading anything.
Google App Engine Flexible environment applications are easy to create, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage changes. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain. You simply upload your application and it's ready to go.
App Engine applications automatically scale based on incoming traffic. Load balancing, microservices, authorization, SQL and NoSQL databases, traffic splitting, logging, search, versioning, roll out and roll backs, and security scanning are all supported natively and are highly customizable.
What you'll learn
- How to create a new Rails application using the Cloud Shell
- How to test a Rails application using Web Preview in the Cloud Shell before deployment
- How to add a Welcome page to the Rails application
- How to prepare your deployment configuration
- How to deploy a new Rails application to Google App Engine
- Familiarity with standard Linux text editors such as Vim, Emacs or Nano
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Deploying the Application on App Engine