Administering Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL Server
SPL-95 - version 2.1.1
© 2018 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
This lab leads you through the steps to launch and configure your first Microsoft SQL Server instance on Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS). You will scale database instances, access the Amazon RDS instance via Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and configure Amazon CloudWatch and Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS). At the end of this lab, you will have created a database in Amazon RDS and performed administrative operations, such as migrating a large database to Amazon RDS and database backup (snapshot) and restore (recover) operations.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Launch an Amazon RDS instance and Amazon EC2 instance with Microsoft SQL Server
- Access SQL Servers using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Migrate a large database to Amazon RDS from a database on Amazon EC2
- Perform database instance scaling
- Perform a database backup
- Recover from a backup
- Configure Amazon CloudWatch to monitor various database parameters
- Configure Amazon SNS to send email and SMS notifications based on CloudWatch triggers
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.