Programming Amazon SQS and Amazon SNS with .NET
SPL-106 - Version 1.3.4
© 2019 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
This lab will provide a basic understanding of using the AWS Toolkit for .NET. It will demonstrate the basic steps required to install Visual Studio Community Edition and the AWS Toolkit for .NET and to run a simple console application in C# using the AWS SDK for .NET.
By the end of this lab you will be able to:
- Connect to an Amazon EC2 instance running Windows Server
- Install Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition
- Install AWS Toolkit for .NET
- Configure Visual Studio for AWS.
- Create an AWS project in Visual Studio
- Build a Windows console application to create and read Amazon SQS queues and send notification messages with Amazon SNS
To successfully complete this lab, you should be familiar with Visual Studio for C# and have a basic knowledge of AWS.
When you launch this lab, it takes a few minutes to launch an Amazon EC2 instance that you will use as your development workstation.
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by clicking
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
A status bar shows the progress of the lab environment creation process. The AWS Management Console is accessible during lab resource creation, but your AWS resources may not be fully available until the process is complete.
- Open your lab by clicking
This will automatically log you into the AWS Management Console.
Please do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common login errors
Error : Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Click again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Click click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial Qwiklabs window
- Click again
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.