Deploying a Python Flask Web Application to App Engine Flexible
In this lab you will learn how to deploy a Python Flask web application to the App Engine Flexible environment. The example application allows a user to upload a photo of a person's face and learn how likely it is that the person is happy. The application uses Google Cloud APIs for Vision, Storage, and Datastore.
About App Engine
Google App Engine applications are easy to create, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs change. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain. You simply upload your application and it's ready to go.
App Engine applications automatically scale based on incoming traffic. Load balancing, microservices, authorization, SQL and NoSQL databases, traffic splitting, logging, search, versioning, roll out and roll backs, and security scanning are all supported natively and are highly customizable.
App Engine's Flexible Environment supports a host of programming languages, including Java, Python, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, and Go. App Engine's Standard Environment is an additional option for certain languages including Python. The two environments give users maximum flexibility in how their application behaves since each environment has certain strengths. Read Choosing an App Engine Environment for more information.
What you'll learn
- How to deploy a simple web application to the App Engine Flexible Environment
- How to access the Google Cloud client libraries for Vision, Storage, and Datastore
- How to use the Cloud Shell
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with standard Linux text editors such as Vim, Emacs, or Nano
- Access to an image with a face
Inscrivez-vous sur Qwiklabs pour consulter le reste de cet atelier, et bien plus encore.
- Obtenez un accès temporaire à Google Cloud Console.
- Plus de 200 ateliers, du niveau débutant jusqu'au niveau expert.
- Fractionné pour vous permettre d'apprendre à votre rythme.
Authenticate API Requests
Create an App Engine instance and Storage Bucket
Run the Application
Deploy the App