APIs Explorer: App Engine
The Google APIs Explorer is a tool that helps you explore various Google APIs interactively. With the APIs Explorer, you can:
- Browse quickly through available APIs and versions.
- See methods available for each API and what parameters they support along with inline documentation.
- Execute requests for any method and see responses in real time.
- Make authenticated and authorized API calls.
- Search across all services, methods, and your recent requests to quickly find what you are looking for.
App Engine lets you deploy applications on a fully managed platform. You can scale your applications seamlessly without having to worry about managing the underlying infrastructure. With zero server management and zero configuration deployments, developers can focus only on building great applications without the management overhead.
In this lab, you will deploy a simple hello world application to App Engine and make updates to its configuration using the App Engine Admin API through the APIs Explorer tool.
In this lab, you will:
- Build an App Engine application with the APIs Explorer tool.
- Deploy an App Engine instance from the hello world sample code.
- Configure App Engine firewall rules with the APIs Explorer tool.
- Make changes to your code base and create a new version of your application with the APIs Explorer tool.
This is a fundamental level lab. You should be familiar with the basic functioning and architecture of APIs. Experience with Google Cloud Shell and command line interface tools is recommended.
Familiarity with the the APIs Explorer tool is also recommended. At a minimum, take the following labs before attempting this one:
If you are unfamiliar with App Engine, the App Engine: Qwik Start - Python lab has valuable information that will orient you with the content of this lab. Once you're ready, scroll down and follow the steps below to set up your lab environment.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Deploy an app engine application
Create a new version of your app