Introduction to Amazon Aurora
SPL-32 - Version 2.2.4
© 2018 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
This lab guide introduces you to Amazon Aurora.
This lab provides you with basic understanding of using Amazon Aurora. You will be shown the steps to create an Amazon Aurora instance and then connect to it.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Amazon Aurora instance
- Connect to a pre-created Amazon RDS for MySQL instance
- Connect to a pre-created Amazon EC2 instance that has MySQL Workbench installed
- Load data into the Amazon RDS for MySQL instance from a dump file
- Load data into the Amazon Aurora instance from the same dump file
- Query the data in the Amazon Aurora instance
- Query the data in the Amazon RDS for MySQL instance and compare the results
To successfully complete this lab, you should have experience connecting to Microsoft Windows instances using RDP and have a basic knowledge of AWS.
This lab assumes that you are using Windows operating system, which comes with Windows Remote Desktop Connection that you can use as your RDP client. If you are on another operating system, You can use one of the following Remote Desktop Applications:
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.