Introduction to AWS CloudFormation Designer
SPL-59 - Version 2.0.6
© 2019 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
AWS CloudFormation Designer is a graphic tool for creating, viewing and modifying AWS CloudFormation templates. With Designer, you can diagram your template resources using a drag-and-drop interface, and then edit details using the integrated JSON and YAML editor. Whether you are a new or an experienced AWS CloudFormation user, AWS CloudFormation Designer can help you quickly see the interrelationship between a template's resources and easily modify templates.
In this lab you will create an AWS CloudFormation stack using the AWS CloudFormation Designer. You will use Designer to add resources and edit basic Parameters, Mappings, and Outputs. You will use Designer to validate and launch the stack, then view the running stack. You will then clean-up your resources by deleting the stack.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create a simple single-instance stack using AWS CloudFormation Designer
- Add and edit Mappings, Resource Parameters, and Outputs
- Validate the stack and save your basic template
- Launch the stack and view the running stack and its Outputs
- Delete and clean up when the stack is no longer required
This lab assumes that you have an introductory-level knowledge of Amazon EC2 and AWS CloudFormation.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.