Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Firewall: Scale Out Protection with Load Balancers
This lab uses a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Deployment Manager Template to deploy the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Firewall in between an External Load Balancer and an Internal Load Balancer. This sample deployment launches:
- External Load Balancer (HTTP)
- VM-Series firewalls
- Internal Load Balancer (TCP/80)
- Web Servers
- Supporting GCP infrastructure (VPC Network, Subnets, GCP Firewall Rules, etc.)
The resulting configuration provides visibility into East/West and North/South traffic entering and leaving your Google Cloud Environment.
What you'll do
In this lab, you perform the following:
Review the load balancer firewalls switch configuration deployed from the template
Configure the firewall using the Palo Alto Console
Set NAT and Security traffic policies and configure other supporting infrastructure
Monitor and Test the deployment
Create and apply a URL filtering profile to log XFF
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Complete the firewall configuration