Using Role-based Access Control in Kubernetes Engine
This lab covers the usage and debugging of role-based access control (RBAC) in a Kubernetes Engine cluster.
While RBAC resource definitions are standard across all Kubernetes platforms, their interaction with underlying authentication and authorization providers needs to be understood when building on any cloud provider.
RBAC is a powerful security mechanism that provides great flexibility in how you restrict operations within a cluster. This lab will cover two use cases for RBAC:
- Assigning different permissions to user personas, namely owners and auditors.
- Granting limited API access to an application running within your cluster.
Since RBAC's flexibility can occasionally result in complex rules, common steps for troubleshooting RBAC are included as part of scenario 2.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.