Run a Big Data Text Processing Pipeline in Cloud Dataflow
Dataflow is a unified programming model and a managed service for developing and executing a wide range of data processing patterns including ETL, batch computation, and continuous computation. Because Dataflow is a managed service, it can allocate resources on demand to minimize latency while maintaining high utilization efficiency.
The Dataflow model combines batch and stream processing so developers don't have to make tradeoffs between correctness, cost, and processing time. In this lab, you'll learn how to run a Dataflow pipeline that counts the occurrences of unique words in a text file.
What you'll learn
- How to create a Maven project with the Cloud Dataflow SDK
- Run an example pipeline using the Google Cloud Platform Console
- How to delete the associated Cloud Storage bucket and its contents
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a new Cloud Storage bucket
Run a text processing pipeline on Cloud Dataflow