VM Migration: Assessment
Google Cloud’s four step structured Cloud Migration Path Methodology provides a defined, repeatable migration path for users to follow:
Assess the current environment to gain a solid understanding of existing resources and define migration move groups.
Plan how to move your apps and create the basic cloud infrastructure for your workloads to live. This planning includes identity management, organization and project structure, networking, sorting your apps and developing a prioritized migration strategy.
Deploy the existing on-premise or cloud based servers in GCP leveraging one of Google Cloud’s recommended migration tools like Google’s Velostrata or CloudEndure’s Live Migration Tool
Optimize your newly migrated workloads to realize the true cost benefits and operational efficiencies that GCP can bring to the enterprise
This lab will show you the power of assessment by leveraging CloudPhysics. This does not by any means suggest a preference of one tool over the other, it is just for you to learn the capabilities of assessment tools in general.
What you'll learn
In this lab, you will learn how to do the following:
- Login to an AWS account.
- Enable an AWS project to communicate with CloudPhysics.
- Log in to the CloudPhysics console.
- Explore the VMware vCenter vms.
- Create an assessment report.
- Go over the assessment report.
- Use the GCP simulator to explore costs (TCO).
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create CloudPhysics Read Only Policy
Create CloudPhysics AWS Role and attach policy for AWS Role
Upload an assessment report on S3 (ql-cf-templates-xxxx...)