VM Migration: Modernize an Application Stack with GKE and MySQL
Google Cloud’s four step structured Cloud Migration Path Methodology provides a defined, repeatable migration path for users to follow:
Assess the current environment to gain a solid understanding of existing resources and define migration move groups.
Plan how to move your apps and create the basic cloud infrastructure for your workloads to live. This planning includes identity management, organization and project structure, networking, sorting your apps and developing a prioritized migration strategy.
Deploy the existing on-premise or cloud based servers in GCP leveraging one of Google Cloud’s recommended migration tools like Google’s Velostrata or CloudEndure’s Live Migration Tool
Optimize your newly migrated workloads to realize the true cost benefits and operational efficiencies that GCP can bring to the enterprise
In this lab, you will focus on the "Optimize" phase and complete the migration and transformation of an environment by modernizing it and making it a cloud native workload.
You will optimize your web application to run on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) as well as optimize your MySQL instance to run on Cloud SQL, a Google-managed relational database service which supports both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
What you'll do
In this lab, you will learn how to:
- Review a working two-tier application consisting of an application and database server.
- Deploy a Kubernetes Engine Cluster.
- Create a new Cloud SQL MySQL instance replica, using the MySQL database instance as external master.
- Create a Kubernetes deployment of the web application as well as deploy the Cloud SQL proxy.
- Test the new environment.
- Shut down the source environment and promote the new environment.
- Verify the new environment.
- Basic familiarity with on-premise and cloud migrations.
- Basic familiarity with Kubernetes.
이 실습의 나머지 부분과 기타 사항에 대해 알아보려면 Qwiklabs에 가입하세요.
- Google Cloud Console에 대한 임시 액세스 권한을 얻습니다.
- 초급부터 고급 수준까지 200여 개의 실습이 준비되어 있습니다.
- 자신의 학습 속도에 맞춰 학습할 수 있도록 적은 분량으로 나누어져 있습니다.
Create a cluster with specified machine type for the nodes.
Exporting the MySQL contents to the cloud storage bucket.
Replicating to Cloud SQL
Create a firewall rule.
Configuring service account for Cloud SQL proxy