Examining BigQuery Billing Data in Google Sheets
As organizations grow in size and collect terabytes of complex data, they need tools to house and make better sense of their information. Each business unit may need to analyze a portion of that data for specific business needs. In Finance, for example, a Financial Controller may be interested in analyzing their Cloud Billing data to answer specific questions such as:
- What was the total cost of a project last month?
- Which project consumed the most networking resources?
- What is the monthly cost broken down by team?
BigQuery helps users deal with large datasets using high speed compute power. But not everyone is a BigQuery expert or a data wizard. Many people may be more comfortable using spreadsheets to perform ad-hoc data analysis. You can use the data connector to pull your BigQuery data into a Sheet and perform your analysis.
Open Sheets and use the data connector to connect to BigQuery
Access data through BigQuery and import the data into Sheets
Explore ways to analyze the data in Sheets and to then share the output with other users
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Pull all the billing data into your spreadsheet
Refine your query