Create a Firebase project
Register your app
Set up authentication and a database
Add a customer page to your web app
Build a Serverless Web App with Firebase
For the labs in the Google Cloud Serverless Workshop: Pet Theory Quest, you will read through a fictitious business scenario and assist the characters with their serverless migration plan.
Twelve years ago, Lily started the Pet Theory chain of veterinary clinics. The Pet Theory chain has expanded rapidly over the last few years. Their old appointment system is not able to handle the increased load or allow clients to schedule their own appointments, so Lily asked Patrick, in IT, and Ruby, a consultant, to build a cloud-based system that easily scale.
In the previous lab, Migrating Data to a Firestore Database, you learned how to leverage Firestore to host customer data. In this lab you will build a fully fledged Firebase web app that allows users to log information and schedule appointments in real time.
This diagram gives you an overview of the services you will be using and how they connect to one another:
What you will learn
In this lab, you will learn how to:
- Enable the Firebase API in your Google Cloud project.
- Create and configure a Firebase project.
- Configure Firestore Security to automate server-side authentication and authorization.
- Add Google sign-in to your web app.
- Configure your database so users can add their contact information.
- Explore and deploy code that allows users to schedule appointments.
- Explore Firebase's real time updates in your web app.
This is a fundamental level lab. This assumes familiarity with the Cloud Console and shell environments. Experience with Firebase will be helpful, but it is not required. Before taking this lab it is recommended that you have completed the following Qwiklab:
You should also be comfortable editing files. You can use your favorite text editor (like
vi, etc.) or you can launch the code editor from Cloud Shell, which can be found in the top ribbon:
Once you're ready, scroll down and follow the steps below to setup your lab environment.
이 실습의 나머지 부분과 기타 사항에 대해 알아보려면 Qwiklabs에 가입하세요.
- Google Cloud Console에 대한 임시 액세스 권한을 얻습니다.
- 초급부터 고급 수준까지 200여 개의 실습이 준비되어 있습니다.
- 자신의 학습 속도에 맞춰 학습할 수 있도록 적은 분량으로 나누어져 있습니다.