Serverless Compute: Microservices with Cloud Functions
In this lab you learn how to use Cloud Functions to create a small serverless application demonstrating a simple microservices architecture.
Your company processes widgets which are supplied by HTTP requests. The third widget processing service utilized by your company can take variable amounts of time to complete, and the HTTP request cannot block whilst waiting for the processing to complete. Widgets for processing are often received during certain peak times of day, but many hours can elapse between these peaks.
To address these needs, you will create a series of Cloud Functions microservices to
- Receive widgets and publish them to a Pub/Sub topic
- Process the widgets from the Pub/Sub subscription
- Provide a RESTful interface for interacting with the status database
Participe do Qwiklabs para ler o restante deste laboratório e muito mais!
- Receber acesso temporário a Console do Google Cloud.
- Mais de 200 laboratórios, do nível iniciante ao avançado.
- Tamanho compacto para que você possa aprender no seu próprio ritmo.
Create the Cloud SQL instance
Create the Database
Create the Database User
Create the Pub/Sub Topic
Create the Pub/Sub Subscription
Create the HTTP triggered Cloud Function (Env Var: TOPIC)
Create the Pub/Sub triggered Cloud Function
Inspect results from the HTTP triggered function "widget_status" from the Command Line