Deployment Manager - Full Production
In this lab, you launch a service using an infrastructure orchestration tool called Deployment Manager and monitor the service using Cloud Monitoring. In Cloud Monitoring, you set up basic black box monitoring with a Cloud Monitoring dashboard and establish an Uptime Check (alert notification) to trigger incident response.
More specifically, you:
- Install and configure an advanced deployment using Deployment Manager sample templates.
- Enable Cloud Monitoring.
- Configure Cloud Monitoring Uptime Checks and notifications.
- Configure a Cloud Monitoring dashboard with two charts, one showing CPU usage and the other ingress traffic.
- Perform a load test and simulate a service outage.
Cloud Monitoring provides visibility into the performance, uptime, and overall health of cloud-powered applications.It collects metrics, events, and metadata from Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, hosted uptime probes, application instrumentation, and a variety of common application components including Cassandra, Nginx, Apache Web Server, Elasticsearch, and many others. Cloud Monitoring ingests that data and generates insights via dashboards, charts, and alerts. Cloud Monitoring alerting helps you collaborate by integrating with Slack, PagerDuty, HipChat, Campfire, and more.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Deploy the application
Configure an uptime check and alert policy in Cloud Monitoring
Create a test VM with ApacheBench